Thursday, September 16, 2010

e(eek)Mail

Ok so this is my hotmail account…



And yes I currently have 1088 unread emails. They are ALL emails marketing something. I do go through and read emails from my contacts and friends, I do occasionally even read some marketing communications from organisations but most of it I just leave there. I know I probably should go through and delete all these messages but I can never be bothered.

I keep wondering where they all come from?
Well, I know where they come from. last year i went through a couple of open for inspections and put my email down, signed up for discount cards or loyalty programs (like an idiot, who on earth wants a discount card at Spotlight??) and a number of other ridiculous things that i have signed off on.

The thing about this sort of communication that I hate is that they just keep coming. I have not opened an email from Biggin Scott in over a year and yet they keep emailing me. I would have thought that they would realise, like most people who are given the cold shoulder for this long “She’s not interested” and deleted me off their list. Surely there is a better way to go about things?
It just all seems like some bad date that I will be haunted by for the rest of my life. 

So anyway what is the moral of this story??? 

Well just as you wouldn't give your real number to some stranger that you didn't want to talk to, DON'T give out your email to organisations that you don't want to hear from.

Oh well, I’m sure I’ll learn my lesson eventually…


1 comment:

  1. Haha very funny post Emily! I unfortunately have been the victim of similar emails. When i was living in the Netherlands and was looking for an apartment I signed up to a site which was suppose to help you find other students looking for housemates. This was a year and a half ago and I still get emails from them. I have tried numerous times to get my name off their list by emailing them and looking on the site but all attempts have failed.
    Because of this I always think twice before I put my name down on an emailing list.

    ReplyDelete