Thursday, August 12, 2010

spoken like a real ...

I
Is this the new way to campaign?

This ad was found on Facebook after a friend posted it- The ad is from a website called get up- action for Australians and encourages people to donate in order to get the ad on the television.
The website also encourages individuals to share the ad on Facebook and twitter in order to get the message of the ad out in the world.

Seeing this on Facebook got me to thinking, does the ad actually have to be on the television when so many individuals are sharing the ad on the web already?
I wonder how much more attention it would get on the TV. Of course there are those individuals such as older and younger Australians who would see it if it were on the TV but by putting it online and allowing people to put it on their Facebook etc are they allowing for better targeting.  I also think that it is a fantastic way of getting people to really connect with the ad and its message instead of just watching it like just another election campaign commercial.

I think this ad really works
Let me know what you think?

Here's a link to the website
https://www.getup.org.au/campaign/Australia_GetsUp_2010&id=1251 

2 comments:

  1. I noticed their advertising today actually. It is different from last election, last time, especially with Kevin 07, they almost sold themselves. This time they are just saying 'vote for us, we aren't good but at least we ain't that bloke'.

    Its just different...I think they are both terrible, I am worried about our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really liked that ad, better than the typical fear campaigns brought out by both parties - it was engaging and straight to the point. Eventhough its tactic was to focus on the opposition's negatives (which seems to be the only theme for this years election campaign) it was clear and easy to relate to.

    ReplyDelete